Full-Service Patent Lawyer
Patents provide businesses, entrepreneurs or inventors with vital protections for a new process, design or formula. The process to obtain a patent is complex and can often become complicated. The United States Patent and Trademark Office grants patent protection for novel and nonobvious inventions that are useful.
Benjamin Appelbaum, Attorney at Law, in Flanders, New Jersey, provides comprehensive patent guidance, prosecution and representation for clients across the country, including:
- Individualized patent search and analysis: The investment of time and money involved in launching a new product or seeking a new patent can be thwarted by an existing patent.
- Choosing the proper patent: United States law recognizes three types of patents, as well as provisional applications for patent. We guide clients throughout the process and can craft the legal strategy best suited for your invention.
- Patent prosecution: We are thorough in all stages of the patent procurement process. You will work one-on-one with a patent lawyer with 20 years of experience in intellectual property law and more than 15 years of experience as a research scientist.
- Requests for re-examination and post-grant matters: We represent clients in a wide variety of proceedings to review the decision of a patent examiner. Inventors may seek review to address mistakes in the patent examination process. Third parties can initiate post-grant proceedings to protect their own rights.
- Protecting international patent rights: With a global economy, many small and mid-sized businesses participate in international trade. The protections of a U.S. patent are coterminous with the border. We can help you obtain the appropriate international protections for your product.
We invite you to browse through our patent law pages for more information. To speak directly with an accomplished lawyer, call 877-649-6002 toll free. You may also request a confidential consultation using our online contact form.